We are looking for women refugees from the Middle East living in London who would like to take part in a 6 months project with The SHM Foundation that is focused on supporting them into employment or self-employment.
- Are you a woman who is a refugee or seeking asylum and have the right to work?
- Are you from the Middle East and speak Arabic or English?
- Do you live in London and are over the age of 30?
- Are you looking for a job or want to start your own project but having challenges?
- Do you want personal support to be able to pursue your employment goals?
This application is for you! Please see more information and the application form below.
Project Noor will support a small group of women to start looking for a job, get a job, or plan and start their personal income-generating project. We will work on a one-to-one basis with each participant to understand their ambitions, expectations, strengths, and challenges and build a system of support to help overcome obstacles. The project will be conducted in Arabic and English. We are looking for women who will work with us as co-creators and help shape the project so that it serves their needs in the best way.
How will Project Noor work:
- We will be working with participants on a one-to-one basis to identify the main barriers to employment they are facing and try to support them to overcome them. This could include training opportunities, wellbeing and mental health support, advise on CV and job applications, and making referrals to other external services.
- Participants will get financial support to cover costs like transportation and childcare in order to join Noor’s activities and training opportunities, but they won’t be paid for their participation to the project.
- We will take a creative and collaborative approach that we hope will be really enjoyable for the participants and also draw upon their diverse strengths and skills as active contributors to the project.
- The project will last for 6 months and include an average of 1-2 hours of participation per week, based around your availability and preferences. We would like to recruit participants who can commit to taking part for the whole period. This will likely include staying in touch with Project Noor's team and other participants, taking part in online and in-person events and contributing your perspective on the activities and topics covered.
- All of the team and activities within Project Noor will be aimed at supporting participants into a job that they want to be in. However, Project Noor cannot guarantee you securing a job.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for more information
The personal data gathered through this application will be used for the purpose of selecting participants only. All data will be safely stored in the SHM Foundation system and access is only given to the team members working on the project. Personal data of those who will not be selected for the project will be permanently erased within a month of the finalisation of the selection process. The data of the participating women will remain safely stored at the SHM Foundation until the end of the project and will be used for participants’ support only. All data of participating women will be erased by end of the project.
لملئ الاستمارة باللغة العربية، يرجى الضغط هنا